Lovely Highs wants to give you peace and total relaxation one light at a time while filling your space with soft aromatic notes that evoke relaxation, healing, positive affirmations and good energy. For the most effective way to do this, please follow the necessary precautions and candle safety tips listed below:
- When lighting your candle for the first time, be sure to burn candle until melt pool melts across the entire surface of the vessel. (This will prevent tunneling and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life) This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- ALWAYS trim wicks to ¼ of an inchbefore each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting and mushrooming of wick. If soot ever forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Trim the candle wick after each burn. This is very important to prevent the candles from smoking on the next burn. We highly recommend that you invest in a good pair of wick trimmers that will cut and remove the excess wick cleanly.
- Remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Please keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- To maximize scent throw, burn in desired space for 30 minutes with the door closed then open windows and doors to disperse scent.
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid direct sunlight and harsh lighting.
- To prevent fire and injury, always burn candle within sight away from objects that can catch fire and keep out of the reach of children.